Passing dates to SQL Server 2008 Tables

• Hi Guys,

This might not be the right forum for this query

I have my ADO code up and working and am calling stored proc in Sql Server so it all good.

But one problem I have hit on that I haven't been able to find a solution too it as follows;

I want to pass a date into my sql server tables from Access.

If I use an 'InputBox' in Access, it works great the record is stored with the date no problem.

If I use a 'txt box' on a form in Access, I don't get any errors, but the record is just not added!

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Regards:cool:

• A couple of questions.

1. Does the input and text boxes have INPUT MASKS associated with them? If yes are they configured the same?

2. Does the SP which receives the data have a TRY CATCH block?

3. You might want to modify the SP so that it returns the passed parameter value, to give you a hint as to what is happening.

I am aware that this is not the answer you are looking for, but hopefullly it will get you thinking along a track that will.

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• First of all you have to crosscheck the datatype of the date column in sql server.

According that you have to format the date which you pass through the Access form.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply