Password

• Hi folks,

I have one really problem, and its very urgent.Actuall i have one SQL server installed at my server and in that SQL server i have many databases. Now the question is ..

Is it possible to put any sort of security or password on each and every different database so that no one can make changes on that database without the prior permissions.

This is really urgent and important for me.

And one more thing how can i add and give permissions to various members in my team to access that database.

Thanks in advance.

• No need to set passwords on databases.

Firstly, just remove the guest user from each of your databases to prevent people with valid SQL logins from snooping around in other databases with guest privileges.

Secondly, set up a new login from each user who will access any of the databases on the server. If doing it from Enterprise Manager, under the "Database Access" tab just assign access to the database/s for which each person is authorised.

At the same time you can assign people to predefined database roles (nb. NOT server roles) such as db_datareader in their authorised databases.

Additionally, you can set up your own predefined roles with specific table/view and stored procedure permissions, and assign individuals to those roles.

Cheers,
    - Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply