Pausing Replication

• Hi Folks,

Is there any way to pause replication. I know you can pause mirroring and was just wondering if you can do something simalar with replication?

• You can stop the jobs thereby pausing replication. There are some caveats to this so the script gets a bit tricky. If you send me a private message (check my profile and send me an email) I will send you the script. I will hopefully put it up as a shared script in the near future but don't have time to "finalize" it right now.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• I thought perhaps I could use trans replication to migrate a 2000 database to 2005 with hopefully no (or next to no) downtime - I have a 2000 box that need migrating and is mission critical.. do you think is that achieveable?

• Yes. Check out this link to make sure you have everything covered.

Could you also consider log-shipping for this as well? A bit less complicated of a configuration.

David

@SQLTentmaker

“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• I am here with DaveB.

"IF" you can use Log-shipping, you should!

* Noel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply