Performance issues

• here you go ...i have attached query,indexes on queries and execution plan.

Yesterday,I have created indexes on all the columns that where clause is using and i ran the query it took only 24 seconds and after that i have used Database Engine tuning wizard and created all the recommended indexes then i ran the query again it is taking 15 minutes...i don't know the reason? why it is taking to long again.can anyone tell me....

I have created indexes on all columns in join condition except on views..

temp_backlog_crd

temp_prev_fyr_nsb

temp_opp_mkt

v_commission_split

temp_backlog_ssd

temp_curr_fyr_nsb

temp_fyr_curr_nse

temp_prev_fyr_nse

temp_opp_mkt

Thank you for the replies

• srilu_bannu (11/19/2009)

here you go ...i have attached query,indexes on queries and execution plan.

Yesterday,I have created indexes on all the columns that where clause is using and i ran the query it took only 24 seconds and after that i have used Database Engine tuning wizard and created all the recommended indexes then i ran the query again it is taking 15 minutes...i don't know the reason? why it is taking to long again.can anyone tell me....

Well, then you can delete the DTA recommended indexes and and create those indexes on columns that were used in where clause. 24 seconds seems to be fair time, for the query you have given.

I could not completely see the query, from an overview, my question was how did all those " " (double quotes) on each column, table etc come from.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• This is a business objects report created by dragging column and table names and the query is the backend no one has developed it........

I ran the query today ,first time it took 13 minutes and again when i ran it after 15 min it took only 56 sec ,is this because of only 15 min gap.....please correct me if i am wrong

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply