Performance on Two Databases

• Hi Everyone,

I got so weird problem in SQL SERVER 2000 databases. I have two databases and both contains same data. The first database is used for Development and other one is for Testing. Unfortunately some queries are working well on development database but worst on testing database. For example one query is using 9 tables and those 9 tables have same data and indexes on both databases but still the query results are 1 second on development database and 2minutes on testing site. Both database files are on same hard disk, database options are same too. I don't know what else needs to be checked in the database causing this problem. I really appreciate your suggestions and thoughts.

Thanks,

Bhushan

• This could be down to lots of things.  First thing you need to do though is generate an execution plan for both servers and compare them.

If you post the results back here again, somebody might be able to help a little more.

set showplan_text on

GO

<your query here>

GO

set showplan_text off

Regards,

Martin

• See also this thread:

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=65&messageid=246656

It is discussing some solutions to your same problem.  Check Usage statisitcs, index fragmentation, Compare schemas, etc.

Good Luck.

• Bhushan,

Did you try updating statistics of your Test DB?

Regards,
    Sudheer 

My Blog

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply