performance question

• Hello Experts,

I want some feedback from your side, currently im using performance issues in Reports side.

Currently my company using single server for handling ReportServer as well SAP Application server for our enduser. In that server i have my database server.

So in same server end user doing work of SAP as well as Reports viewing and extracting.

Because of that in single server lots of load is occuring. This server have only 4 GB of RAM.

So now im planning to move ReportServer to another server, so that load should not occur in SAP server.

So i want to know if i will do this it will help me or not for increasing my reports performance or not? Or should i increase the RAM in same server?

Also note that if i move Reports to another server, but my database server is in old server so i can access data from my old server or not? and view and extract the report or not?

Please guide me.

Regards,

AKM

• The answer is, It depends.

Moving the report server to another server should make more resources on your SAP server, but if your performance issues are due to poor queries or disk access then you will likely end up with similar issues.

Jack Corbett
    Consultant - Straight Path Solutions
    Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
    Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply