Permission issue

• Hi

I have a SQL instance and Analysis server running on a server. When i schedule a job to populate the data warehouse, the job fails with the following error being written to the Application log.

'User Nation\ServiceBI_Warehouse, logged in from computer epsql004.shareddata.enet, does not have administrative permissions on the server, but tried to perform an administrative operation on the server. This may indicate an intrusion"

SQL Server startup Agent uses Nation\ServiceBI_Warehouse user account and this account is a local administrator and OLAP Administrator on the server.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

PK

• check sqlserveragent startup account, which is responsible for scheduled job.

• Your SQL Server Agent has to be started with a Domain User Account with the right permissions.

• Hey guys, I think you are missing the point, since he already said the sql agent account has the administrative permissions.

Sadly enough, it also happened to us. The problem we are experiencing is on the execution of a Job that has a DTS in it. Most of the steps on the DTS executes perfectly, but when it tries to do a Dimension Rebuild we get the same error. If you use the said account on the Analysis Services manager and do a rebuild it works perfectly.

If you run it from a command line, you get a weird access control error. The same situation, the account has administrator and olapadministrator access.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply