Pesky Arrows in Interactive Sorting in SSRS

• I'm trying to apply interactive sorting to my reports using the properties dialogue for the textbox of the column header for my simple report. The trouble is, my report has a lot of columns and we don't have much space to allow for up/down arrows within all the columns we want to sort on. If I could hide the arrows or get them to appear on the next line, it would be fine. Does anyone know if these pesky things are customisable in any way, and how I would go about it?

Cheers

Mundo

• Have you found an answer to this? I would also be interested in this functionality.

• Yes. Actually, it was such a simple answer, I feel very foolish admitting to it. Instead of changing the properties of the text box of the heading so that it had interactive sorting, I added another header row (insert above), and changed the properties of the blank text boxes of that row. So now I have a header row with my up/down clickable arrows, followed by a header row with all the column headings on. I could, equally, have put this sorting row below the text headings, but I wanted to keep the headings close to the columns of data, especially since I also have stopped the header row from scrolling, so I put my arrows above.

Hope this helps with your particular report too.

Cheers

Mundo

• That's great! I hate the word-wrapping that results from adding the interactive sort. I'll definitely be using this tip.

Thanks,

Marianne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply