Picking Dates for Report Rendering

• Hi. I'm designing a simplle report in VS2005 that runs on a 2005 Reporting Services Server, and against an Oracle DB.

I have two parameters in the FROM clause, Value1 and Value2. Value2 is mapped to the expression =Today and Value1 I am trying to map to a Date Picker, so that when the report is compiled, the user would pick a start date, and the end date is automatically filled in for them as today's date.

It's Value1 I am having trouble with - I can't seem to get it to read from the user input (i.e. the date picked) and use it in the query. The error is an Oracle one "ORA-01858 a non-numeric character was found where a numeric was expected."

Can anyone see what i'm doing wrong here?

Here's the query, for completeness:

SELECT

ID1.log_date,

ID1.channel,

ID1.operator,

ID1.total,

ID1.count

FROM INCELLIGENCE.LOG_TRANSACTION_DAILY_VIEW ID1

WHERE LOG_DATE BETWEEN to_date('&Value1','MM/DD/YYYY') AND to_date('&Value2','MM/DD/YYYY')

ORDER BY ID1.LOG_DATE DESC

Thanks in advance.

David

• Sorry, to add this...

The problem seems to be that the code is not picking up the date selected at all.

In: WHERE LOG_DATE BETWEEN to_date('&Value1','MM/DD/YYYY') AND to_date('&Value2','MM/DD/YYYY') if '&Value1' is substituted for '01/04/2006' for example, the report runs fine.

Thanks,

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply