Please help

• Does anyone know what could cause a '£' to be replaced by another character when scripted.

I have an app, that uses a stored procedure, that is passed a parmeter of '£PP' which is then used to format the output. The app is run on a client's sever to which I have no rights to view, update, delete etc. I recently made a change to the stored procedure, scripted it and sent it to the client to run. Yesterday I was told that the sp no longer formatted correctly. When I looked at the sp on a copy of their database the '£' have been replaced with 'ú'. I'm at a loss to understand why this has happened can anyone help.

• I may not have explained very well.

my sp has a parameter passed in containg the value '£PP' or '£P' this is then evaluated in the sp:

IF @params = '£PP'

BEGIN

format

END

else if @params = '£P'

BEGIN

format

END

however this now looks like

IF @params = 'úPP'

BEGIN

format

END

else if @params = 'úP'

BEGIN

format

END

therefore it no longer appears to be formatting.

My question is what would cause it to change from £ to ú, I think it might be to do with the language settings on the client's server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I sent over a new version of the Sp with the £ in it and when I have looked after this was recreated on their server it appears that the ú's are still there.

• Usually this is a font issue (missing or non-matching type). Run a test and see if it can properly validate the right info.

• Thank you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply