Please HELP

• when I try to open my server it gives me error "A connection could not be established to

Server_name- [SQL Server] Logical page 832241 of the log encountered while retrieving highest

timestamp in database 'pubs' is not the last page of the log and we are not currently recovering that

database"

When I try to run DBCC but it gives me the same error.....can anyone help me in find the solutions to

this error??

Thanks

Dips

Dimpal Patel

Dimpal Patel

• Is your database in suspect mode?

• No its not in suspect mode

Dimpal Patel

Dimpal Patel

• Any more error messages in SQL Server errorlog?

• What version of SQL Server?

Is this a production database?

Are you able to connect to the database server and not the database?

What tool are you using?

Are your NT services running? i.e. MSSQL etc.

When was the last time it was backed up?

"I met Larry Niven at ConClave 27...AND I fixed his computer. How cool is that?"
    (Memoirs of a geek)

• The Ver is 6.5

I cannot open trough Enterprices but I can do connect wiht ISQL and when I try to drop the database it gives me same error...so I tried to do DBCC DBREPAIR but it says its not marked as suspect mode?

Dimpal

Dimpal Patel

Dimpal Patel

• Looks to me like something corrupted your log file (.ldf).

Can you DETACH the database?

If so, do that and then move the log file to another location or just rename it. Then ATTACH just the .mdf. That will cause SQL Server to create an empty log file for your database. If you need to do it via commands, use the sp_attach_single_db_file

-SQLBill

• SQLBill,

His SQL Server version is 6.5. There is no such MDF/LDF database files and detach/attach commands in this version.

Dimpal,

Go to your SQL Server installation folder \MSSQL\LOG to open those errorlog files with NotePad.exe to see any error messages.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply