Please help me configure the ReportingServer

• Hi,

I created a named instance first with Reporting services, which was running successfully in creating reports. But, when I'd to deploy it it was asking me to give the Reporting Services Login, where I had to enter two fields (the Server name was shownup with URL) . (I think I gave URL correctly like http:\\ \ReportingServer) But I'd to enter the other two fields which are related to Webservice logon User name and password. Now my questions are

1)Where can I get the webservice logon things..? Please help me resolve this issue

As this didn't work with named instance I tried creting a default instance, where The Reporting services was itself not getting logged in to the Management Studio giving an error like

"client found response content type of 'text html charset utf-8' but expected 'text xml"

2)In this case It's failed at the first step itself...Please help me resolve issues...

I'm tired of configuring the Reporting server

Thanks in advance

Vsoma

• There is a config file in the reporting services directory. C:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\reporting services\...

Browse around here and our will find the directory for the log files, config files, etc. Depending on the location of the Web server virtual directory in IIS you need to match up the URL's in the config file. In the example below the default web server instance was used (see blank report server url) and the virtual directory is there.

When you open IIS you can right click the site and browse it. Send more info your IIS config, you may just need a simple change here and a restart of the website. There are articles on MSDN and TECHNET also.

From rsWebApplication.config you will see something like the lines below. I changed the brackets so I could show the XML like syntax.

{ReportServerUrl}{/ReportServerUrl} -- (Blank= local machine/default IIS site)

{ReportServerVirtualDirectory}ReportServer{/ReportServerVirtualDirectory}

-- This would resolve to http://MyPC/ReportServer

NOTE: the lines above are not valid XML you will need to use valid XML in the config files.

Good Luck

Doug

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply