Please unsubscribe me from all your mailings.

• Please unsubscribe me from all your mailings.

• You can do it yourself: https://qa.sqlservercentral.com/MyAccount

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Thanks, Gianluca,

I hope this isn't supposed to count as a CAN-SPAM inquiry. Just an FYI, posting in a random forum and hoping someone sees it isn't the best way to do this. We have mutliple ways you can do this, and they're listed at the bottom of each newsletter.

• Steve Jones - Editor (2/22/2010)

Thanks, Gianluca,

I hope this isn't supposed to count as a CAN-SPAM inquiry. Just an FYI, posting in a random forum and hoping someone sees it isn't the best way to do this. We have mutliple ways you can do this, and they're listed at the bottom of each newsletter.

Unfortunately Steve they aren't listed in any shape or form in the new post notifications email - so if someone is subscribed to a lot of topics but not to then ewsletter they need to be not totally dim to work it out. It might be a good idea to change that, maybe.

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (4/4/2010)

Unfortunately Steve they aren't listed in any shape or form in the new post notifications email

My notification emails contain an un-subscribe link...?

Though, I do have to click 'show quoted text' in Gmail to see it.

• Paul White NZ (4/4/2010)

Tom.Thomson (4/4/2010)

Unfortunately Steve they aren't listed in any shape or form in the new post notifications email

My notification emails contain an un-subscribe link...?

Though, I do have to click 'show quoted text' in Gmail to see it.

Yes, but it's the link to the subscriptions list page where this guy who wants to get rid of all mailings would have to unsubscribe from them all one at a time. A link to unsubscribe from SQLSC might be a useful addition (not one that I would use, of course).

Tom

• Tom,

you're probably right that there should be a one-click unsubscribe. The forum software is old enough that it wasn't required when we bought it. I'll add a note in the bug tracker.

• ironically, since the OP posted to the forum, he gets another email every time we post to the thread,

because he hasn't unsubscibed from the thread, which is different from teh newsletters and such.

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell (4/5/2010)

ironically, since the OP posted to the forum, he gets another email every time we post to the thread...

Must be annoying :laugh:

• Paul White NZ (4/5/2010)

Yes, I imagine it is:-D

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (4/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (4/5/2010)

Horrendous

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Tom.Thomson (4/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (4/5/2010)

That is just evil.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (4/8/2010)

Tom.Thomson (4/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (4/5/2010)

That is just evil.

Where's the grinning horned devil emoticon?

Tom

• Tom.Thomson (4/8/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (4/8/2010)

Tom.Thomson (4/5/2010)

Paul White NZ (4/5/2010)

That is just evil.

Where's the grinning horned devil emoticon?

Still looking for a good one >;)

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply