PostExecute method not working

• I have a SQL 2012 Script Component that I use as a source. It has three outputs which I create with direct database calls inside the script.

As I process each output I record the number of records using local variables in the CreateNewOutputRows() method.

Then in the PostExecture I set the read/write variables to that count.

{

base.PostExecute();

Variables.AHasData = AHasData;

Variables.SHasData = SHasData;

Variables.DateTimeStamp = DateTimeStamp;

}

These were never set and a break point in the code show that the PostExecute method never gets called.

I created another simple package and tried to set a varialbe in the PostExecute again on a Source Script Component with the same result.

{

base.PostExecute();

Variables.value1 = "some value";

}

Am i missing something. Does the OnExecute NOT fire if there are no record or if the Script-Component is a source.

I can find no reason for this action and no description at MSDN which might account for it.

Regards

• I just created a very simple script component source.

public override void PreExecute()

{

base.PreExecute();

ComponentMetaData.FireInformation(10, "Process Values", "Pre Execute", "", 0, true);

}

public override void PostExecute()

{

base.PostExecute();

ComponentMetaData.FireInformation(10, "Process Values", "Post Execute", "", 0, true);

}

public override void CreateNewOutputRows()

{

ComponentMetaData.FireInformation(10, "Process Values", "CreateNewOutputRows", "", 0, true);

Output0Buffer.AddRow();

Output0Buffer.Crap = 1;

}

And I can confirm that the output included:

Information: 0xA at Data Flow Task, Process Values: Pre Execute

Information: 0xA at Data Flow Task, Process Values: CreateNewOutputRows

Information: 0xA at Data Flow Task, Process Values: Post Execute

So the events are firing ... at least in 2014.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply