Power of Compression in Sql server 2008 ...?

• Hi all,

There is a new feature in sql server 2008 comming

which is compression of backup, this feature is not available in previous versions of sql server,

This feature is only available in SYBASE and Oracle. there are so may third party Tools available for compressing MS SQL database backups. But compression feature now comes in SQL SERVER 2008.

so my point is that, I want to know how many compression level's in sql server 2008 as like i seen in SYBASE.

if any one have the test server in which 2008 is installed, try this and let me know.

Regards

Shashi Kant Chauhan

• You don't have different levels of compression (like in IIS).

You can either compress the backups or not.

When you back up the database (right click on the db and select backup), you can go the options and select one of the following choices.

Use the default server settings

Compress Backup

Do not compress backup

Chris

http://chrisbarba.wordpress.com

• shashi kant (10/24/2007)

There is a new feature in sql server 2008 comming

which is compression of backup

SQL Server 2008 is in the 2nd year in the market now, and most people are aware.

if any one have the test server in which 2008 is installed, try this and let me know.

As mentioned earlier, it does not have multiple levels of compression. Instead, you can try downloading a Ent. Eval. Edtn of SQL Server 2008 and try it to find yourself. There is a Developer Edition also which costs approx $50.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply