Prerequisites for sql server cluster installation

• Hi All,

I have never set up a SQL Server cluster hence not familiar with cluster setup.

I just want to know what are the prerequisites for installing a sql server cluster instance ?

What are the details we need to collect from windows team ?

I googled a bit and got the below details. Is it good to go if we have the below details ?

1. virtual hostname

2. virtual IP

3. Available shared storage

4. Service Accounts

Can someone please brief me about the prerequisites and other details we need to keep ready before installing SQL server cluster ?

Thanks,

Smith.

• Microsoft does a pretty thorough job of documenting these right here in the Books Online.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Joy Smith San (1/15/2015)

Hi All,

I have never set up a SQL Server cluster hence not familiar with cluster setup.

I just want to know what are the prerequisites for installing a sql server cluster instance ?

What are the details we need to collect from windows team ?

I googled a bit and got the below details. Is it good to go if we have the below details ?

1. virtual hostname

2. virtual IP

3. Available shared storage

4. Service Accounts

Can someone please brief me about the prerequisites and other details we need to keep ready before installing SQL server cluster ?

Thanks,

Smith.

read my article on this site starting at this link[/url]. It details sql server 2008 but the requirements are the same

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply