Printin' in colors? (Printing in colours? ;-)

• Hi,

Stupid question, but how do I print my codes our in color? I printed from Query Analyzer to a color printer but it comes out B&W. I guess I'll have to use another program? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Nick

• It's been a while, but I know I've done it. I think that I've used two methods:

1) Copy paste into another program (but I don't remember what it was )

2) Open your code in something other than Query Analyzer (even some freebies work well for this).

Good Luck.

Rich.

• i thought so too... but is there any recommended "freebies" to use? Actually, do most of you use Query Analyzer or some external editor? My company is still on SQL Svr 7 and I came from a 2000 environment, so the limitations really bothers me! Any recommendations for a good, free, SQL editor out there? Thanks!

• I'll suggest PrimalScript by SAPIEN http://www.sapien.com/PrimalScript.htm.

It's not free (30 day demo is), but, they have a nice product for scripting, though it has limited features... missing only... connecting to a database! If they can figure that out, man, the product will be great!

But if you open a new SQL Script document and paste your code in there (or open a .sql file) it will be all colorized like you want! Has helped in some debugging with nasty procs.

• Usually when you copy and paste into MS Word, it preserves Colors and formatting. You also might want to try printing to a PDF (if you have a full version of it). I believe PDF will preserve this as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply