Printing at the bottom all the time

• I am trying to create a check writing report. In the body of the report will show the details of various amounts, then at the bottom of the page I need to sum those amounts to always print on the last page...any ideas?

• I don't know if I understood your question correctly, but assuming you are using Table, just use sum of your dataset in the Table Footer, as Table Footer always prints at the very last, something like this:

= Sum(Fields!YourField.Value, "YourDataSet")

Hope this will help.

• Not quite, putting the sum at the table footer will insure that it prints at the end of the table, but I need to insure that the sum always prints in a certain location at the bottom of the first page, so putting the info in a table Doesn't help. Thanks for the response though.

• Do you want the report to print the totals only on the first page, or is the report always one page long?

• Hi Cesar,

The report could be one or more pages long, I need the totals to always print at a static location at the bottom of a 8.5X11 page, on the first page of the report.

• Try this:

1. Add a subreport in the location where you want the totals to appear. The subreport will show only the totals the way you want them.

2. Set the visible property to the expresion =iif( Globals!PageNumber = 1, True,False)

Let me know if works.

• Great idea, let me give it a shot. Can you add a subreport to the page footer?

• No, you can't. No tables are allowed on the Header or footer. But you may want to calculate in your report the gran total for all transactions, name that cell "GrandTotalReport", and then put a texbox on the footer making reference to ReportItems!GrandTotalReport.Value. Then turn it on and off with the code I sent before.

Give it a try.

• Hi Cesar, I am aware you cannot place tables in a header or footer (or any fields for that matter).  Can you elaborate some more on the concept you mention on 2/22/2006 9:29:00am post?  Thank you.

• Cesar, you da man, this is working awesome, thanks for the tips!

• When I tried what I said, it did not worked on one particular report I have. This because RS did not know the value of the Grand Total until the last page, and was printing blanks.

But solved the problem adding a detail column. Try this:

Ok, this is the way it worked for me, so Cedar27 may have a clever way.

1. Add on the detail line, a column with the value set to =Sum(Fields.MyField.Value).

2. Change the name property of that cell to "GrandTotalForReport".

3. Hide the column.

4. On the report footer (not the table footer), add a texbox, and in the value, enter the following formula: =ReportItems!GrandTotalForReport.Value.

5. Finally, set the visibility of this cell to =iif(Cint(Globals!PageNumber)=1).

Or maybe Cedar27 found a clever way to do it, and he may want to share it with us.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply