Printing standards of SSRS report

• Hello,

I created a Payment Register SSRS report for a client. They are printing this off of a shared printer that multiple departments are using.

This report averages 100-120 pages. We want to print double-sided, but we cannot set the printer to always print double-sided as multiple departments are using this printer.

Is there a way to set up a standard that everytime we print this report it will print double-sided? Perhaps through exporting to .PDF?

Thank you,
    Steve Doinidis

• Are they printing it automatically, or does someone push a "Print button" of some sort? If automatically, how is it being sent to the printer (.NET call? Scheduled job?)?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• They are physically clicking print. And they can export it to .PDF > File > Print Setup > Double-Sided. But I was looking to an automatic process for this.

Thank you,
    Steve Doinidis

• I looked around a bit, and it seems the most common solution is to put a button on the page hosting the report, and have the button call a .NET object that prints the report. .NET print functionality can send printer options to the printer, including 2-sided (and, per one example I saw, even stapling it if the printer supports that).

Might that be an option for you?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I will give it a try and let you know. Thank you!

Thank you,
    Steve Doinidis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply