Problem Hiding a group

• Let me first describe my report: I have the following table

Header

Group 1 row--There is a textbox that in this row that when toggled makes visible the two below group 1 rows and the detail row.

Group 1 row

Group 1 row

Detail row

Group 2 row-- This row has a textbox that can hide the below group 2 row.

Group 2 row-- This row contains a subreport.

Currently, I have a parameter that allows the user to conditionally collapse or show the tables' information for printing purposes so the user doesn't have to go through and click on so many plus signs. My problem is I would like to use a parameter to conditionally hide both of the Group 2 rows so that the user cannot view or click on them. The information in Group 2 is extra and not always needed, so I would like to provide the user with a way to hide this information when they go to view the report. However, I imagined this would be easy enough. I went to group2's visibility tab through the table interface and set the expression to "=IIF(Parameter!ShowIndexes.Value, FALSE, TRUE)". However, when I view the report the report is hiding the detail information as well as the Group2 rows.

Anyone have any ideas?

• This will be difficult to control in a single table for the report, the easiest way to overcome the problem is to have two table in your report.

Table one, is as it stands now, all of the information available with toggle switches on it to allow for expansion by the user.

Table two, basically you should copy table one and paste it, then remove group two completely.

Now.....

On table one place a visibility expression to hide the whole table when your end user selects to have the report with all detail.

On table two place a visibility expression to do the reverse of the above.

This should solve the problem for you.

Good luck,

Nigel.

Nigel West
    UK

• Nigel,

Thank you for your solution, I implemented it just as you said and it worked.

I'm concerned that what I did initially didn't work, however. This is a serious bug in my opinion.

Chalk another strike up against Reporting Services. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply