Problem in passing default parameter

• Hi,

I am facing yet another frustrating problem...when i mention the default parameters for a report(one of them queried and the other Non-queried) ,it always displays it ok when i click the preview tab ..but whenever i deploy it and view it in the web browser,it acts as if no defualt parameters have been specified... it asks me to "Select a Value" for any parameters that i am trying to pass... i have so far made three reports,i face this problem sometimes and at other times i dont!

but when i do get it rite...i never seem to realize what i did differently...today, i simply removed an unnecessary calculated member from the cube and removed the corresponding reference from the query...and the default parameters stopped working again!!!

can ANYONE help!!

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• YES!!!!!!!  I have had this exact same problem.  I have even gone so far as to take a look at the RDL and can't figure out where the issue is *at all*.

I also have posted in numberous places and never gotten any responses.  Just like you.  I am beginning to think the thing just doesn't work.

Eva

• so,i'm not alone... btw, it has stopped happening now due to some reason....i guess it has to do with defining default parameters when u define the parameter itself... not sure tho...

• After you deploy, do you still have the default parameters set in the Parameters section of the report Properties, as viewed through the Report Manager? 

-mike

• yup! and btw, I am Wajih ul Hasan...just posted the last two msgs thru a friend's account... and a friend of mine has also indicated that if the Non-Queried default parameters have the same value in the Label and Value part ,they always work fine... havent tested it out yet...and as i said,this problem hasnt occurred to me except once so i guess it has something to do with the order of steps taken while creating the report/default parameters...

i always take it one parameter at a time and test it by runing/deploying it... almost as if to make sure that the Reporting Service dont try to play any tricks on me....

these are the two observations I have made..tell me if u have seen others...

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply