Problem regarding viewing reports from a network machine

• Hi,

I am experiencing some problem regarding the viewing of reports in the network.We have a peer to peer network of Windows XP machines.

When i tried to access the reports from a network machine,i got the error message '\Server\Guest' doesn't  have the required credentials to access the reports.

Then I created a new role for Guest with 'Browser and Content Manager' permissions.

Now when I go to 'http:\\server\ReportServer' from a network machine ,i can see the list of the reports i have published. When i try to view the report by clicking on the link ,i am getting the following error.

'An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help

Computer name could not be obtained '

The Full Error Details are

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details., ;

Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Computer name could not be obtained.

at System.Environment.get_MachineName()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RunningJobContext..ctor(String jobId, String requestPath, JobActionEnum action, JobTypeEnum type, RunningJobList parentList, String userName, HttpContext optionalWebCtx)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.RunningJobList.AddJob(String jobId, String requestPath, JobActionEnum action, JobTypeEnum type, String userName, HttpContext optionalCtx)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.CancelablePhaseBase..ctor(String jobId, String requestPath, JobActionEnum action, JobTypeEnum jobType, String userName)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ProcessReportParametersCancelableStep..ctor(RSService rs, CatalogItemContext reportContext, Guid reportID, Guid linkID, DateTime historyDate, Int32 executionOption, ReportSnapshot compiledDefinition, ReportSnapshot snapshotData, String savedParametersXml, NameValueCollection values, JobTypeEnum jobType, String userName)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService.GetReportParametersForRendering(CatalogItemContext reportContext, Guid reportID, Guid linkID, DateTime historyDate, Int32 executionOption, ReportSnapshot compiledDefinition, ReportSnapshot snapshotData, String savedParametersXml, NameValueCollection values, JobTypeEnum jobType)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService._GetReportParameters(String report, String historyID, Boolean forRendering, NameValueCollection values, DatasourceCredentialsCollection credentials)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RSService.GetReportParameters(String report, String historyID, Boolean forRendering, NameValueCollection values, DatasourceCredentialsCollection credentials)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

aspnet_wp!webserver!878!05/27/2004-08:53:09:: e ERROR: Reporting Services error Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Computer name could not be obtained.

Any body has a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Rajesh

• I take it you can view the report when browsing on the server, and I would imagine you have checked to make sure you can ping the 'machine name' from your networked computer.

Have you checked the Data sources to make sure they are correct like your connect using: parrameters in the properties for the report?

Properties - Data Sources ?

Regards

Colin

•  

Yes.I have tried and have succeeded to ping the machine name from the networked computer.

Regarding the datasource i have the connection string like

data source=server;initial catalog=test

In the credentials tab i have selected Windows Credentails.

Using these properties i am able to view the report from the server machine.This problem only comes when i try to view the reports from the network machine.

Thanks,

Rajesh

• Hi Rajesh

Just try changing the credentials to a sql server login and password as a test, that is of course if your sql server is in Mixed mode Authentication.

Colin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply