Problem Running SSIS Package in SQL Server Agent

• Hi, I'm having problems running a simple SSIS package in SQL Server Agent. I'm transferring data from a SQL Query to a text file. The SSIS package was created by using the Migration Wizard. When I execute the package in BI, the package runs successfully, but when I run the same packege as a SQL job, I get the following error:

Executed as user: (user name). The process could not be created for step 1 of job 0x23E67770F8D559438368EEA8A694F0A7 (reason: The system cannot find the file specified).  The step failed.

I tried to create a simple SSIS package to do the same task, exporting data from a table to a flat file, the same thing will happen. So I don't think this is related to the Migration Wizard. I can also run export from one table to another table. I thought this might be a security issue on the folder where I store the file. However, even if I give "everyone" complete access to the folder, I still get the same error message.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• what is the service account for the SQL Agent.

Dont use windows authentication.

If u are using BCP then use Truststed connection.

see books online for the syntex.

from

Killer

• I'm using a doman account which is part of the admin group for SQL Agent. My SSIS package is also created under this account. My source connection is actually using windows authentication, I tried to use "sa" for the connection and the results are the same.

• Do you have Integration Services Service running on the server you are trying to run the package from? 

• Yes. For testing purpose, I use one server for everything.

• And the SQL Agent account has permissions to write to the folder?

• You have to create a credential and a proxy account for SSIS Package Execution (underneath SQL Server Agent, Proxies, SSIS Package Execution. Before you set up a proxy account you have to set up a credential account and map it to a windows account. You can find credentials underneath Security.

• I have created a proxy account and I still get this error dumping data to a flat file any ideas?

• hi,

just wondering if you got this issue resolved? I am running into the same problem.

Any help is appreciated!

• Hi,

First make sure as everyone said, permission level.

Then try re-deploying your package to the server, where you want your job to run that package.

-V

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply