Problem Solved: Users weren't seeing any reports

• New to RS, and my users weren't seeing any reports, data sources, nada. They could get to the RS home page, but they weren't seeing any links to any actual content. I checked, double-checked, and triple-checked that the user groups had permissions to browse the content. I tried making them Content Managers. I tried adding users individually instead of using AD groups. All without success.

Administrators saw all the content, but not users.

Finally, I realized that no one but administrators had access at all to the "Home" folder in SSRS. I gave users access to project-related subfolders only, figuring that users shouldn't have access to the global Home folder. (Least privileges, right?)

Giving users Browser permissions to Home fixed the problem.

HTH someone else. I spent several days online trying to crack this. Now, in retrospect it seems obvious.

If this isn't the "correct" way to do it, someone post back!

Rich

• Hello to all Newbies out there who are not familiar with security setting with report server,

I was having the same problem where all the users on the network were trying to connect to the Reporting service and could not see any report.

Base on all other suggestions out there.

Here is a step by step.

1. The "USERS" group was not added to the security setting of the HOME folder there for only you as admininstrator are able view the reports.

2. connect to your report server.

3. Click on "Properties" tab

5. Click on "new Role Assignment" button.

6. In the "Group or user name" , type "USERS" <-- this user group called "USERS" that was created by the system and has the right all domain user. Then on the role box below, only select "Browser" and click on the Apply button.

Your users are now able to view and run all the reports you have posted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply