Problems importing CSV files using SSIS.

• Orlando Colamatteo (7/11/2015)

Maybe it was oversold to you, I wasn't there, but XML does what is was designed to do. If you have to ship relational or hierarchical data structures around in files or data streams I think XML is a wonderful option, one of the best going actually.

Heh... maybe you're trying to buy the same bridge that I did. 😀 Except for the fact that so many people have bought similar bridges and it has wide-spread use as a result, I see no redeeming qualities in XML nor in the accompanying XSD files. I take that back... there IS one redeeming quality... technology to increase the throughput of communications and to increase the size of disks to transmit and store the tag bloated data had to be designed and made widely available for the cheap in order to support things like bloat found in XML. :hehe:

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• Wow, some might call that a conspiracy theory ^_^

As Danny Glover said...

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• namakakiweyho (10/22/2011)

I just spent a whole weekend on this problem. My CSV file contains text data contained within double quotes, eg "blah",1,1/10/2011,"blah" and numeric and date data. All fields are delimited by a comma as dictated by the CSV file format. If your field contains a comma but is enclosed by double quotes, then you must specify (") in the Text Qualifier box on the Flat Form Connection Manager Editor form....BUT, if you have already experienced problems with the file import, then you must delete the flat file connection and then create a new instance, otherwise no matter what you do, SSIS will not recognise the text qualifier. It works!!

You need to delete Connection Manager AND Flat File Source within package and recreate for it to work.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply