Problems installing SP3a

• We had difficulty installing sp3a on a Windows 2000 Service pack 4 server (SQL Server 2000). It couldn't connect to the SQL Server and we were running it on the actual server. We eventually tried installing MDAC 2.8 and it installed fine. However, isn't SP3a supposed to automatically install MDAC 2.7 sp1a? We don't want to upgrade to MDAC 2.8 because our application doesn't support it. Should I install MDAC 2.7 sp1a and then try and install sp3a? (I ask this because I had problems on our test environment, and I still have to upgrade our production environment)

Thanks

• I guess what you said is right...you need to upgrade to MDAC 2.7 though there have not been issues as most of the current sql server and OS installations are with MDAC 2.7. Good luck.

• Thanks!

One more thing.. how can we tell what version of MDAC is currently installed?

• Go To:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/dataaccess.asp

See the following section:

MDAC Utility: Component Checker Version 2.7

This release includes updated snapshots for MDAC 2.6 SP2 and 2.7 RTM. The Component Checker tool is designed to help you determine installed version information and diagnose installation issues with the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC).

Date: January 7, 2002

Good Luck

-Isaiah

-Isaiah

• Worked great!

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply