Problems scheduling DTS

• I have a DTS that I can execute manually. It extracts data from SQL01 server to SQL02 server. However, when I try to run this job automatically by scheduling the DTS or Start Job it produces the following error:

DTSRun: Executing... DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_11 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_12 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_13 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_11, Error = -2147217843 (80040E4D) Error string: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0 Error Detail Records: Error: -2147217843 (80040E4D); Provider Error: 18456 (4818) Error string: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Help file: Help context: 0 DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_11 DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_2 DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_12, Error = -2147217843 (80040E4D) Error string: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOG... Process Exit Code 21. The step failed.

I have searched the Microsoft Knowledge base but nothing seems to fit what I am doing. Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Skip Gallagher

Skip Gallagher
    Quest Industries, Inc.
    (479) 366-0789

• From this 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' I can tell you used NT Authenication to connect to the other box when you built. The problem is SQLAgent does not have a domain account or local account on the other box. Setup a user account for SQLAgent to connect to in the DTS package instead of using NTAuth an should be fine.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply