problems with temporary tables in reports

• Then I guess I'm done. I can't see anything wrong with the stored procedure. There are several ways to rewrite it, but those are superficial when you look at the fact you are having a problem calling the stored proc from a report.

• yes, I am getting the error here..

• Are you using the report wizard or did you try to manually create a blank report?

Have you tried altering the dataset to use a command and type execute procname rather than using the stored proc type?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Report Wizard:

There is an error in the query. Implicit conversion from data type sql_variant to datetime is not allowed. Use the CONVERT function to run this query.

I am getting the above error message.

Manually :

Invalid Object Name : #Orderstatics.

But, when I am tried with table variables it's working fine( both report Wizard & Manually) .

• Not enough information to really help.

Read the article at http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ and follow the instructions on what information to post and how to post it. The more information you provide, the better answers you will get.

Will also need to see the code for your stored procedure. << Done

Need the CREATE TABLE statements for the base tables in the stored procedure.

• Then just use a table variable. The only reason to not table variables for this report would be if there is a serious performance impact running the proc.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• You gonna Love it....!

Add SET FMTONLY OFF in your proc at top and done.

thanks

• Add SET FMTONLY OFF before SELECT statement in your proc and you Done...!:w00t:

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply