Programming Languages used with SQL Server

• Since SQL Server is a Microsoft product I've noticed that most mmebers seen to use MS related languages, VB, Visual C++, etc.

I personally use Borland's Delphi which I would works extremely well with SQL Server.

Are there any other Delphi programmers on this forum, or is everybody basically pure MS.

• I have dabled here and there with delphi and own version 1 and 2, but I am (not necessarily pure MS) VB, C, C++, VBScript, JavaScript, JAVA (Not too much), HTML, SQL (Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Access, Paradox, SQL Server) kind a guy (a few others but these are the most experience). And I keep trying to expand.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• I use VB primarily, some Access, HTML. Probably will move to .Net shortly.

Andy

• YUP I use DELPHI 5 accessing SQLSWERVER through ADO (direct ADO TLB not ADO Express)

Works uncommonly well! But I have to admit to being an MS person as well my principal languages are DELPHI, VB, JAVA and I'm a C# initiate.

I have found it is possible to please all of the people all of the time if you do exactly what they want. Harold Macmillan 1961

• Primarily MS here, (VB or ASP with ADO). Cold Fusion which uses ODBC or OLEDB to connect.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Delphi 6 to SQL 2000 through ADO here. Works extremely well.

• VB and VBScript (ASP) with ADO, occasionally Access, MS FoxPro, and some C/C++ (mostly just for processing raw data files prior to BCP.)

Playing with VB.NET and C#.

Not pure MS, since two of our servers are Oracle (Using VB, Cognos, PL/SQL with those).

Played with Borland's C++++ Builder (and enjoyed it) but never any on the job demand for anything other than MS products.

JasonL

JasonL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply