Project REAL and SQL Server 2008

• Hi...

Now that we're planning our corporate DW I'm in search for as many resources I can find related to the topic, and given Project REAL seems to be the best all encompassing learning environment for just such a project I'm downloading it now to start learning.

My local workstation has SQL Server 2005 Standard installed, but once our new server arrives for the DW it'll have SQL Server 2008 Standard. With me learning with Project REAL on SQL 2005 will there be any caveats when we start developing the DW on SQL 2008? I've read most of the changes to SQL 2008 aren't that drastic and that most of what works in 2005 will continue to work the same way in 2008 just with some added features in some cases. In other words, 2005 to 2008 isn't like 2000 to 2005 where they reinvented the wheel in so many cases.

I wanted to see if this is true... also are there any project equivalent to Project REAL for SQL Server 2008? Or can I install Project REAL on SQL Server 2008, specifically the 180 day eval copy, which is all I have right now ??

I can't help but wonder if Microsoft has quit supporting Project REAL because when visiting the URL most sites use http://www.microsoft.com/SQL/solutions/BI/ProjectREAL.mspx it just redirects to the SQL Server 2008 site. Are there an plans to create a Project REAL environment for SQL 2008 if the one for 2005 is incompatible?

Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts on this ...

Sam Alex

• did you ever get an answer to this? I'm in the same situation myself....

_________________________________________________________________________________SQLGeordieWeb:- Jarrin ConsultancyBlog:- www.chrisjarrintaylor.co.ukTwitter:- @SQLGeordie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply