publisher should not try to transfer data to subscriber that is not connected

• i ve tried merge replication..

i want to know how the log file will be

when subscriber is not connected, Publisher should not try to send the data to the subscriber

how to stop log file storing the data of transaction to a subscriber that is not connected

• or tell where i can get to know the details of what happens inside the log file when there is an update to be performed on the Subscriber that is currently not connected

• i ve tried merge replication..

i want to know how the log file will be

when subscriber is not connected, Publisher should not try to send the data to the subscriber

how to stop log file storing the data of transaction to a subscriber that is not connected

Regarding transactional replication, whether the subscriber is available or not is not the determining factor. It's all about the distributor. In this case the transaction log space cannot be reused until the transaction can be sent to the distributor or transactional replication is dropped. This is the case even if the log is backed up. I am less familiar with merge replication but suspect it has the same constraint on log files as transactional replication, otherwise how would it be able to replicate changes once a connection were re-established? I could not find specific documentation to this effect however. Hopefully someone else can drop by and set the record straight. Have you looked into snapshot replication?

There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community.
    --Plato

• snapshot agent doesnot have to keep logs i suppose..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply