Pulling data from multiple SQL servers and storing it centrally

• Hi Guys,

I have created one script which extracts data like ip address, memory size, port number , data file path , log file path , backup drive path , etc for SQL server and generates a text file reporting the values. I initaited the task to perform audit of SQL servers.

Script works like this:

1) extracts the data

2) stores the data

3) outs the data to text file.

I can get the data by running the script on individual servers. Now i planning to implement the audit centrally. I mean i want to initate the script from central server which will extract the data and store it on central server and generates the report on central server or mail to our DBA mailing address.

Can anyone help me in acheiveing the task...??

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vishal Hatvalne.....:-):-):-)

• You could use Powershell to do this. You can execute the qeuries from the powershell script and save all the values on the central server.

You can find more resources at this place: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281954.aspx

• I would create a SSIS package and then schedule this package as a Job to pull all the data in.

• steveb (7/30/2009)

I would create a SSIS package and then schedule this package as a Job to pull all the data in.

Echo!!!

-Forum Etiquette: How to post Performance Problems[/url]

-Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code to get the best help [/url]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply