Push CSV data to SQL server 2008

• I have a SQL 2008 server. I have another system that generates CSV files every day. I want to push the CSV flat file data to the Database (and schedule it to happen automatically). What's the easies way to do this?

Thanks,

• I think easiest way can depend on personal preference. Personally I would create an SSIS package and schedule that using SQL Agent in a job.

• Ditto on the SSIS package. You can create it easily enough (aside from the learning curve), then schedule it with a job to run automatically.

If the other system is behind a different firewall or you & your service accounts don't have permissions to reach the csv file home, you might consider adding some form of FTP process to make sure you can easily get access to the .csv files. That could be part of the SSIS package or something else you have to do (maybe an FTP push from the other system).

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply