QOD Suggestion / Question

• I know this has been kicked around a little, and I bet you all get tired of hearing people gripe about the QOD.  But here is an issue that I've heard people mention that I think is certainly worth commenting on, if one of you can spare the time.

Looking at the output from my standings below, you can see that several people have scored 7 to 9 points in the Data Warehousing\Business Intelligence topic, but I have only attempted 6 points.  Now I saw people wondering about how this was possible, so one night while watching a fine film on cable, I went through each of the question ids from my browser.  In other words, I entered the URL http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/testcenter/QOD_AnswerNewsletterQuestion.asp?Question_id=1, and then http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/testcenter/QOD_AnswerNewsletterQuestion.asp?Question_id=2, and so on until I got all the way up to the current question.  Along the way, I answered the ones I had missed before, so I'm pretty confident that I've answered everything I could.  So putting this together, I have not attempted all teh DW/BI questions, in spite of the fact that I've attempted all the available questions.

There was once a QOD post that had been apparently posted previously, so those of us who'd answered it the first time around got scored automagically the second time, without a chance to give a new answer (I only remember this because I missed that particular question the first time around due to misreading something about whether 2-part or 3-part names were required or prohibited in SCHEMABINDING views ... something I knew but I was just lazy in reading the question.  Things like that stick in my craw.  So I noticed the question was familiar, and on my trek through the individual URLs I actually saw that question pop up twice).  Any chance that this double-scoring of a question or two is related to the first issue ... that is, related to how there can be more points possible in a specific category for some users than for others?

Thanks for any response.  Wish I could just jump on the team and help you resolve it.  I've written lots of exam fodder (so I applaud your boldness at doing a daily question in a public forum and then letting people discuss it!), but I don't know that I'd have time to produce a question a day EVERY day!  It's a fun part of the community, in spite of our occasional whining - hope it keeps going for a long time!

Cheers,

Chris

• Thanks for the feedback Chris!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply