Query control made easy

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Query control made easy

• I found this article interesting not so much for Query Control but for the possibilities offered by the Gallium Data db proxy.

Do you think it would be possible to point an old application at the poxy and get it to query a different db than what it was designed for by altering the syntax of any incompatible queries?

I had a quick look at the Gallium Data site but could not see any examples for this.

• Ken writes:

Do you think it would be possible to point an old application at the proxy and get it to query a different db than what it was designed for by altering the syntax of any incompatible queries?

Absolutely! This is a common application of Gallium Data, and it is done easily with query filters. If you try the basic tutorial, you'll see that the first exercise does just that: it rewrites a specific query (it just takes 2 lines of JavaScript). Gallium Data gives you unlimited access to everything that goes over the wire, so you can modify any requests (not just queries, but also login, stored procedure calls, etc...) and any responses (result sets, status messages, error messages, etc...) with a few different types of filters.

Let me know if I can help -- my email is max (at) galliumdata (dot) com

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  maxtardiveau.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  maxtardiveau.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply