Query Help (SubQuery?)

• See area in blue text below.  Trying to return the max fiscal week from depot_buckets.  This table contains a row for each week of the year for the past 3 years. (fiscal_wk, fiscal_yr, reporting_year, date_start).  This works if I use the date column, problem is that the date_start is the Monday of every week therefore a different date each year.

Here is the error message:

No column was specified for column 1 of 't1'.

DECLARE @MAXWEEK datetime

SET @MAXWEEK =

(select

fiscal_wk from depot_buckets b inner join

(select

max(date_start)

from

depot_pos_detail

&nbsp t1

on b.date_start = t1.date_start)

select  'POS' [Account], 

@maxweek [Week], 

prim_prod_group,  

sec_prod_group, 

tert_prod_group, 

sum(case when year(p.date_start) = year(getdate())-1 and p.date_start = @maxweek then qty_sold else 0 end) [LYWkQty], 

sum(case when year(p.date_start) = year(getdate()) and p.date_start = @maxweek then qty_sold else 0 end) [TYWkQty], 

sum(case when year(p.date_start) = year(getdate())-1 and p.date_start = @maxweek then currency_sold else 0 end) [LYWkPOS], 

sum(case when year(p.date_start) = year(getdate()) and p.date_start = @maxweek then currency_sold else 0 end) [TYWkPOS] 

FROM 

depot_pos_item_sum p 

inner join depot_items i on i.idx_item = p.idx_item 

inner join depot_buckets b on b.date_start = p.date_start  

group by 

prim_prod_group, 

sec_prod_group, 

tert_prod_group

• >>No column was specified for column 1 of 't1'.

t1 is a derived table. All columns in a derived table must be explicitly named. The expression max(date_start) has not been assigned a column name in the resultset. Change it to this, and reference the column as t1.MaxDateStart:

(select

max(date_start) As MaxDateStart --(Or whatever you want to name it)

• You guys rock!  Thanks for the help!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply