Query on using BIDS and connecting to Analysis Services database

• Hi there - have a question relating to the following issue I am having.

Running SQL 2005 SP3, and have Analysis Services DB's. When attempting to connect to an analysis services database (via BIDS) using the File---Open---Analysis Services Database option I can connect and see the various dimensions etc Here lies the problem.

If I right click any of the Dimensions I dont see options forView Code, View Designer listed.

However if I connect from BIDS and use the File---New Project---Import Analysis Services 9.0 Database and right click the dimension I can then see the View Code or View Designer options listed.

Is this supposed to happen. The account I am logged on as is a local server administrator account and the analysis services is local on the server as well.

Thanks.

• I don't see them in SSMS either. I think this is probably the way it's supposed to be.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply