Questionnaire Database Design

• Hi All

please assist.

I'm struggle to design (structure) a questionnaire database. I have a agent that goes out to different service points for monitoring purposes, this agent obtains information by asking 3 sources namely staff and customers.

The questionnaire consists of the monitors details, service point details, and the visit reference, and questions under 4 categories e.g cat1 = 1.1-1.3 questins, cat2 = 2.1-2.5, etc. and I have 3 responses per question e.g Y/N, source of information and comments. and each category gets rated.

I have created the following tables: tblVisit, tblMonitor, tblServicePoint, and for other tables for my categories.

My challenge is identifying the attributes in my categories tables. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

• Please don't cross-post we monitor all forums equally.

It fragments all replies and wastes everyone's time.

Forward all replies here => http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1210408-1292-1.aspx

• thamilanga (11/22/2011)

3 sources namely staff and customers.

:blink: Is this a Rick Perry kind of joke? 😉

I'll suggest to start with an ER Model... so far you have identified three Entities namely Staff, Customers and... mmhh... EPA? (sorry , couldn't resist) - once you have your Entities, identify Relationships between them.

Finally - make a matrix with Entities as X and list of all attributes as Y... assign attributes to the source Entity.

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply