queue reader agent failed because of deadlock

• Dear all,

i got one error.Please give me information if there is any imapct or not.

In our oragnization we configuraed replication between two servers.

In one server yesterday deadlock was happend.

In server 2 i observed below error.

kindly let me know if there is any impact on replication.

Error: 14151, Severity: 18, State: 1.

Replication-Replication Transaction Queue Reader Subsystem: agent [servernamae].6 failed. The Queue Reader Agent has encountered the error ''Transaction (Process ID 65) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.'' when connecting to ''databasename'' on ''servername''. Ensu

• What is the status of replication after this error? If the queue reader agent has been running fine ever since, I don't see any issues with this.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Thanks for replay..

Ya status is ok.its running fine....

So i belive that there will be no impact.is it right????

• Even I think so 😉

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• SQL Server chose a suspected query and decided to terminate the query. Its the normal execution of SQL Server.

• Thanks for replay

I am observing this error frequently.Is there any chance to avoid this situation..

• Well you can go to the error log and see what are the processes that are getting deadlocked. Then try and find out what are the resources that both the queries are using and try to rework on those queries. There can be a lot of solutions to these. But need to see the error log before any further comment.

Thanks,

Tushar

• Thanks for replay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply