QUOTED_IDENTIFIER

• Can any one explain the following irregularity?

When I look at my development and production servers via EM (right click server select properties then connections) they both have the same settings.

Everyone has the same options set in QA.

When objects are scripted to put them into SourceSafe, the production server has

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

And development has

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS OFF

GO

As the "header" of each script.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I can alter the setting to make these both the same as they always show up of differences from within SourceSafe??

Stuart

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• Well a quick check to books online showed me that both QUOTED_IDENTIFIER and ANSI_NULLS are database options.

In EM Right click on your database, select properties, go to the options tab, and check the Use quoted identifiers option, and ansi null default option.

Books online is your friend.

• That's where I started - both servers are set up the same

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan

• Where are you performing your scripting?

From QA or EM.

Your QA Connection Properties may be having an effect on this.

• It doesn't matter where I script it from (QA or EM on any PC) the difference seems to be on the server options - but both servers are set up the same.

Yours truly confused

Stuart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply