Random error with FTP task

• I'm having problems with my FTP task on SSIS. it's quite different from everything i have seen so far on the forum.

background ...

within my package i have a data flow task; which contains 7 instances of OLE DB source+ flat file destinations. this pulls data from 7 different databases into existing csv files.

i also have an execute process task which merges each of the files with a fixed header csv file via a batch file

then i have 7 FTP tasks; each sending a file (from above) to a corresponding folder on the ftp server.

the problem is this;

when debugging, the data flow task, the execute process task and some FTP tasks succeed. the failures always stem from the FTP tasks, it is however very random; FTP1 and FTP3 could fail while every other thing succeeds or FTP7 and FTP4 could fail while all others succeed of FTP5 could fail and all the others would succeed. it is very random.

on a few occasions i get this error 'Error: 0xC001602A at Package, Connection manager "FTP Connection Manager": An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: 200 Switching to Binary mode.

200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.

425 Use PORT or PASV first.'

on others; 'Error: 0xC001602A at Package, Connection manager "FTP Connection Manager": An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: The operation has been canceled

Error: 0xC002918F at FTP5, FTP Task: Unable to connect to FTP server using "FTP Connection Manager".'

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All it takes, is a step in the right direction, your feet will manage to find the way. I didn't say it'll be easy!!![font="Comic Sans MS"]:cool:[/font]

• i have managed to solve the mystery of the random errors and my package executes successfully.

the problem was with the number of concurrent tasks, if you have that problem, you could either change the execution precedence or increase the number of concurrently executing tasks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All it takes, is a step in the right direction, your feet will manage to find the way. I didn't say it'll be easy!!![font="Comic Sans MS"]:cool:[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply