Rebuilding index failed

• Hi,

I have an automated job that runs rebuiilding indexes on a production server every weekend..

I got this error :-

Executed as user: Domain\gpsqlagent. ...ex Task Executing query "USE [db name] ".: 1% complete End Progress Progress: 2010-10-10 00:01:27.75 Source: Rebuild Index Task Executing query "ALTER INDEX [addon_packsize_nc] ON [dbo].[addon] R".: 1% complete End Progress Progress: 2010-10-10 00:01:27.75 Source: Rebuild Index Task Executing query "USE [db name] ".: 1% complete End Progress Progress: 2010-10-10 00:01:27.75 Source: Rebuild Index Task Executing query "ALTER INDEX [addon_pk] ON [dbo].[addon] REBUILD WI".: 1% complete End Progress Progress: 2010-10-10 00:01:27.75 Source: Rebuild Index Task Executing query "USE [db name] ".: 1% complete End Progress Progress: 2010-10-10 00:01:27.75 Source: Rebuild Index Task Executing query "ALTER INDEX [addon_productpack_nc] ON [dbo].[addon".: 1% complete End Progress Progress: 2010-10-10 00:01:27.75 Source: Rebuild Index Task Executing query "USE [db name] "... The package execution fa... The step failed.

I see that the table dbo.addon has all the three indexes which failed to rebuild.

So how should I procedd, should i rebuild the particular indexes from SSMS again or

is there any other way to solve the error??

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Can you open up the error log and get the rest of the error message?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• on error log i got :"-

DBCC CHECKDB (db name) WITH no_infomsgs executed by domain name \gpsqlagent found 1 errors and repaired 0 errors. Elapsed time: 0 hours 1 minutes 52 seconds.

It is because I had selected check database consistency after that step (on completion)

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• What do you get when you run the following:

dbcc checkdb (dbname) with no_infomsgs, all_errormsgs

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• @ joie

Msg 2508, Level 16, State 1, Line 2

The In-row data USED page count for object "rtw_count_variance", index ID 0, partition ID 42277782945792, alloc unit ID 42277782945792 (type In-row data) is incorrect.

Run DBCC UPDATEUSAGE.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors in table 'rtw_count_variance' (object ID 645107772).

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors in database 'xyz'.

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Run dbcc (<db name>) updateusage to update the page count and then rerun dbcc checkdb (<db name>) with no_infomsgs, all_errormsgs to ensure that there are no more errors in the database.

Joie Andrew
    "Since 1982"

• Change the schedule because if there is parallel things running that might be stopping

It happen to me the same thing and I changed the schedule it worked fine.

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

• Now's about the time you test restore one of your backups if you don't already do this regularly.

😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply