Recover SQL Server SA Password

• I’ve forgotten the password of SA account, therefore I am not able to login to my SQL Server 2008 R2. I have another account, but with no special privileges. Anyone here can tell me how to reset SQL Server 2008 password?

Thanks in advance

I have used a manual trick try for resetting SA password. It worked fine here in my case. If any of you wants to read more about this, click here: S. Rawat's Blog || Recover SQL Server SA Password: Unlock SQL Server Account[/url]

• rawatsonika4u (4/13/2015)

I’ve forgotten the password of SA account, therefore I am not able to login to my SQL Server 2008 R2. I have another account, but with no special privileges. Anyone here can tell me how to reset SQL Server 2008 password?

Thanks in advance

I have used a manual trick try for resetting SA password. It worked fine here in my case. If any of you wants to read more about this, click here: S. Rawat's Blog || Recover SQL Server SA Password: Unlock SQL Server Account[/url]

Is this a question or a blog-recommendation service?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Looks like a blog recommendation. Not a big deal to post those on SQL Server Central, but instead of putting it into the general forums which are usually reserved for question and answer types of discussion, better to put it into the everything else category.

That said, it's a useful blog post.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply