Refreshing a form

• Hi to all.

Not exactly a DMO question, but maybe I can get some help.

I build an app to manage SQL replication. So in my form, I load the subscribers that I need into a listview and with a click of a button I start the distribution agent, with the SQLDistribution object. I use the Initialize, run and terminate methods of that Object.

The with the Status event, I collect all the messages SQL returns about the status of the replication process and load it into another tree view.

But once, replication has started, I f I minimize the app and try to maximize it again, it won't refresh until another status event is raised.

I have placed Doevents methods all over my code, but the app won't refresh. When replicating to one of my subscribers with log connection speed, every message of SQL appears after some minutes, and in all that time I can't open the app because if won't refresh.

Is is clear?

Ani help would be appreciated.

• Sounds like you are using VB. Becuae VB is single threaded in nature sometimes these are things you cannot overcome. Might try VB.NET or try under C++ which ou can generate seperate threads to keep things in line.

• VB, right.

Sorry to hear that. Guess I will have to learn .NET.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply