regading sequence of task in DTS??

• Hi..all

I created one DTS package there i have 6 task involved...i also scheduled it...but when i looked into Edit all package property..i saw all task but not in sequencial order..i.e task 1..task 2...task 4..task 6..task 3..task 5

is there effect of this on my package processing records...i.e is this order in which my package will run??? if not then why this arranged in this order????

Regards,

Papillon

• Hi ,

The flow of the tasks within the package depends on the precedence constraints connecting them and not on the sequence no of tasks that was placed in the package

• Each task writes to the log on its completion.  what you are seeing is the order in that they have completed.  the tasks must be connected by way of constraints.  You have three types of constraints... On Success, On Completion, On Error.  These are defined as constraint precedence to a task object.  Your task will not execute until all of its constraining precedence have been fulfilled.  If you add 5 tasks with no constraints, all will begin executing immediately upon package execution, because all constraints have been met.

I hope this gives you the basics to get your package working correctly.

-Mike Gercevich

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply