reinit merge pull article.

• Is there a way to reinitialize only one article (using

TSQL) for a merge pull article instead of having to reinitalize the entire subscription? The stored procedure

sp_reinitmergepullsubscription does not give the option to

reinitialize only a specific article.

I run into this because I need to change alter some views

and there is no way to automatically update the view at

the subscriber like you can a table when adding or

deleting a column by using sp_repladdcolumn and

sp_repldropcolumn.

• No, you can reinitialize only an article of the entire publication. And this is the same for all types of publication.

I think you will have to reinitialize the entire publication. But you can check sp_addscriptExec to see if can help.

• Thanks for the reply, but I take exception with what you said about ALL publications. You CAN reinitialize a single article for Transactional push subscriptions. I do this a lot. I just have never had a way to reinitialize only one article for a merge pull subscription.

• Larry - I need to reinitialize 1 article (of 9) in a single Transactional/PUSH subscription.  You mentioned that you've accomplished this.  Would you be willing to share this knowledge?   (this is a need I come across weekly - evertime I Validate my Subscriptions)

Thx in advance-

BT
  • I don't think you can re-iniytialize an article for a PULL subscription. Check out the command line parameters.  One can apecify Article in Push not in Pull.

Good Luck!!

• I'm fairly new to replication but if I understand your question correctly.....

I got round this by creating a second publication with only the views selected.  I can reinitialise this easily without having to reinitialise all articles in my primary publication.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply