Remote data entry, and then Consolidate with Corporate Database

• I'm looking for different solution people have implemented to solve this problem.

Problem: People need to work remotely.  While working remotely they want to gather information.  This information might be survey info, or inspection info, etc.  This information is to be stored remotely on a handheld, or laptop device.  After they get back to the office/homeo office they want to upload the information to our corporate database.  This upload process should be very easy, like a like of a button, or done automatically when the devices is docked into the corporate network.  This solution has to be supported over the Internet, and intranet.

What I'm looking for is what technologies and processes have people put in places to implement a solution to handle the problem I stated above. 

If you have more questions about what I am asking for please let me know.

Gregory A. Larsen, MVP

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Well I would use merge replication, wich in fact was design for cases like yours. When connected, laptop users could download changes to local SQL databases and then, while disconnected, make changes to that data. And then, when back online, upload all the changes that they made.

If you want to make thing easier for them, there are many .NET object that can initiate merge replication process in custom applications.

If you have ny question with merge replication, ask at the replication forum!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply