Remote Login errors

• Well I've seen the discussion and I can't see anywhere in the previous posts where you've confirmed that SELECT @@SERVERNAME does not return null.

Actually, it should return the machine/instance name and could get out of sync if you've renamed the server but haven't rebooted, or you've droped the default remote server that is created at install. You can check if it's out of sync by comparing the return value to the startup message in the SQL Server Log.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Hi Phill,

That is god u read the post but u have not seen that in the first post i wrote that i am getting null error.

but in the second post i moved to another error .this means i have passed the first error.then only i got the second error.

but thanx for ur replies.

from

Killer

• Unless you're talking about a different post, which is quite likely the way you post thing all over the place, you do not mention anywhere that you get null for the @@SERVERNAME variable.

Let me make sure ... your first post in it's entirety

"HI,

I am trying to setup merge replicaton , for the first time it worked fine but when i implemented on real server it gives error that rempote login doesnt exists.

So i disabled the published and subscriber and setup again .

But still it giving me error that remote login doesnt exists.

thanx

from

Killer"

nope no "i am getting null..." there.

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Thanx Phill.

For ur time.

from

Killer

• Are both servers in the same domain ?

• Hi,

My problem is sloved .

I deleted all the remote server and remote logins.

restarted the sql services.

add a publisher remote server by sp_addserver servername,'local'

configured publisher and subscriber.

sql server maps remote loging by itself.

special thanx to Phill for the time and help

Dear Dani ,

Thanx a lot for ur help. ur help really helped me.

from

Killer

• Finnaly, you can solved it...

• Hi Deni,

Ur help is really appreciating.I shared it with my team.

But there are others who are more intrested in increasing the post then to help.

from

Killer

• Dear Raj,

I ever have a problem in the replication like your, about 3 years ago, so I try to share with you to solve that.

Btw, for the DRP, have you implemented the Log Shipping?, because I think it's good enough.

• Dear,

I have a problem in the replication, first time when i done the replication it was working fine but when i tried it again it gives error 18483 "Error 18483 could not connect to server "server name (arora)" because distributor_admin is not defined as a remote login at the server"

i tried to to check the servername by select @@servername output is "difrent then the host name" it is "w3kserver"

Pls advise

Parvinder Arora

• arora.parvinder (12/4/2007)

Dear,

I have a problem in the replication, first time when i done the replication it was working fine but when i tried it again it gives error 18483 "Error 18483 could not connect to server "server name (arora)" because distributor_admin is not defined as a remote login at the server"

i tried to to check the servername by select @@servername output is "difrent then the host name" it is "w3kserver"

Dear Arora Parvinder,

The server name its different with the host name, so, you just to drop the server and then add again.

From the query analyzer just add : sp_dropserver 'w3kserver', 'droplogins'

After that, check again with the @@servername, if the list was empty, you just need to add the server name again by add : sp_addserver 'arora', 'local'.

-Deni-

• Dear Deni,

Thanks for the reply, my problem is resolved...

Arora

• Dear,

now one more issue with my server i.e. sqlserveragent service not getting start, it shows no error when i tried it to start by sql manager, if i tried from window service manager (control panel) then it started and get stopped immd. and show the message some services stop automatically because they have no work like performance log or alert service and when i tried from command prompt then it shows error as

" StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed (error 6)." .

Kindly advice

Parvinder Arora

• Dear,

now one more issue with my server i.e. sqlserveragent service not getting start, it shows no error when i tried it to start by sql manager, if i tried from window service manager (control panel) then it started and get stopped immd. and show the message some services stop automatically because they have no work like performance log or alert service and when i tried from command prompt then it shows error as

" StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed (error 6)." .

Kindly advice

Parvinder Arora

• Hi

Please help me to solve my issue.. I am having the same problem.. When I set up the replication it was working fine. After 10 or 15 min log reader and snapshot are failing with the error distributor_admin is not defined as a remote login at the server(subscriber) .

If I right click replication on publisher, It is giving me the same error, Error:18483.

I checked the @@servername ,serverProperty('servername') . It is returning the correct name for both the server.

publisher - SQL server2000 SP2

subscriber - SQL server 2000 SP4

distributor on Subscriber.

-thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply