Remote Path Location via FTP Task

• i have noticed an FTP task succeeds when the remote path location is set to '/', but the moment it goes beyond the root folder, it fails (with my package). the ftp server is a linux machine.

does anyone have any idea why and how to go around this? i really need to put these files into a particular folder in the root directory.

cheers

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All it takes, is a step in the right direction, your feet will manage to find the way. I didn't say it'll be easy!!![font="Comic Sans MS"]:cool:[/font]

• What's the error message?

• here's the error

Error: 0xC001602A at Package, Connection manager "FTP Connection Manager 1": An error occurred in the requested FTP operation. Detailed error description: 200 Switching to Binary mode.

200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV.

553 Could not create file.

Error: 0xC002918B at FTP Poland, FTP Task: Unable to send files using "FTP Connection Manager 1".

Task failed: FTP Poland

All it takes, is a step in the right direction, your feet will manage to find the way. I didn't say it'll be easy!!![font="Comic Sans MS"]:cool:[/font]

• This looks like a permissions issue on the FTP server. Using the same account as the SSIS package, are you able to create a file using an FTP client?

• yes i am.

about the permissions issue, i'm a bit confused, here's why; sometimes it works fine other times it fails (when sending files to a folder in the root directory), but it always succeeds when sending directly into the root directory. i don't have any linux security knowledge, so i'd really appreciate any insight into this.

• If it works some of the time, it's not permissions related.

You may or may not know that Linux is case-sensitive for file and folder names. Is it possible that you're not consistently providing the target folder name with the correct case?

• i am aware of the sensitivity of linux to cases and have taken great care with regards to that. the folder/file names are consistent and match accurately.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply