Remove Article from Publication

• Hi,

I need to remove few articles from publication. I read a techinical article about this and it describes that I should remove the subscriptions to that publication first then remove the publication at publisher. After that create a new publication with new list of articles list. I hope that we have an efficient method than above described method and I really appreciate if someone can help me. My replication environment has push subscriptions and after creating these subscriptions I cannot see them in subscriber list under replication folder neither at publisher or subscribers. Please guide me where to look for those subscriptions.

Thanks,

Bhushan

• Easy

Right click the publication and generate sql script to delete the publication. Paste the portion of the script that has "exec sp_drop article"  for the article(s) you want to remove from the publication.

Run that script .....  you're done !

• Wonderful.

Its great and working fine. Thank you so much !!! Do you have any idea where to look the subscriptions after creating push subscriptions. Push subscriptions are created in my replication environment and wanted to see what are the other subscriptions are created on that server or for what databases. I really appreciate your reply.

Once again thank you.

Bhushan

• I'm not sure of your question ....  Are you trying to find them in Enterprise Manager ?  I only have pull subscriptions, and they are on the subscribing server. In Enterprise Manager in the "Replication" -> "Subscriptions"  folder.  I would think for push subs they'd be on the Publisher.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply